As we usher in summer, we thought it was a good time to share some of the most popular summer cocktails (and a non-alcholic one) for 2016.
As with cooking, sometimes the fewer the ingredients the better. With just a couple of common ingredients, this drink recipe allows each ingredient to stand on its own. Recipe and photo courtesy of Celebrations.
- 1 3/4 oz Partida Blanco Tequila
- 3/4 oz Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz Agave nectar
- 8 to 10 Raspberries
1 ounce club soda or sparkling water
- Fill a highball glass with ice. In a cocktail shaker, muddle the raspberries.
- Add tequila, lemon juice and agave.
- Shake well.
- Strain cocktail into highball glass, over ice.
- Top with sparkling water or club soda.
- Garnish with some more raspberries on a skewer, and a lemon twist (optional).
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
Nothing says “summer” like a cold cup of lemonade. Adding fresh strawberries, basil, and vodka to this spiked lemonade is sure to make it a seasonal favorite. Recipe and photo courtesy of What’s Gaby Cooking.
- 10 lemons, juiced, about 1 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup super fine sugar
- 4 cups water
- 8-10 strawberries, tops removed
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup gin or vodka (optional)
- Juice the lemons and transfer the juice into a large pitcher.
- Add the sugar and the water and stir to combine and dissolve the sugar.
- Add the strawberries and basil.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture for about 20 seconds just until the mixture turns pink and the basil is finely chopped.
- Add alcohol if desired. Serve over crushed ice and enjoy!
BARBADOS RUM PUNCH
An island paradise is only a drink away. Put the phone away, turn on some Jimmy Buffet, and relax with this island inspired drink. Recipe and photo courtesy of liquor.com.
- 1 oz Lime juice
- 1 oz Rich simple syrup (2 parts sugar, 1 part water)
- 2 oz Aged Barbados rum, such as Mount Gay
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Add all the ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake, and strain into a Collins glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg and a lime wheel.
Rosemary-Pomegranate Soda (non-alcoholic)
With tons of flavor, you won’t miss the alcohol in this classic summer mocktail. Recipe and photo courtesy of liquor.com
- 1 oz Pomegranate juice
- 1 oz Rosemary simple syrup
*Rosemary simple syrup
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 6 sprigs Rosemary
- Fill a Collins glass one-third of the way with ice.
- Add the pomegranate juice and simple syrup.
- Fill the glass to the rim with seltzer and stir gently.
- Add more juice or syrup to taste.
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig and serve.
Happy housing (and summer) from your favorite Realtors.